Thursday, December 20, 2007

Top Songs 2007 - 20 - 11


Georgie James


20. Band of Horses "Is There A Ghost"
For everyone nostalgic for the Catherine Wheel, look no further.

19. The Sea and Cake "Coconut"
Yet another example of why Chicago may very well be the music capital of America.

18. Tegan and Sara "Hop A Plane"
Couldn't find a free link to a mp3 of this one. The twins benefit from top notch production courtesy of Chris Walla of DCFC and the result is the best pop song of the year.

17. Dan Deacon "The Crystal Cat"
Yes, he is a complete freakshow but he's our complete freakshow.

16. Feist "1234"
My three year old is in love with Leslie Feist after the incessant playing of her Ipod commercial. You would think that would ruin the song for me. It doesn't.

15. Spoon "You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb"
So I am ready to admit that Britt Daniel is fast becoming my new Paul Westerberg.

14. Georgie James "Need Your Needs"
You know when I said Tegan and Sara had the best pop song of the year. I lied. Georgie James has the best pop song of the year.

13. Okkervil River "Our Life Is Not A Movie Or Maybe"
Will Sheff continues in his quest to contrast really dark lyrics with upbeat music.

12. Shout Out Louds "Tonight I Have To Leave It"
What does a band from Sweden, who has a major infatuation with the Cure sound like? Listen for the answer.

11. Johnny Foreigner "Our Bi-Polar Friends"
So Lou over at Ask Me About My Invisible Friends gets full credit for this one. If you like Pretty Girls Make Graves' Good Health (in my top 5 for the decade) then download this song now and get ready to be blown away.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Johnny Foreigner's debut EP is available on iTunes...

Lou