Saturday, December 26, 2015

2015 Mixtape

fig. 1 Beach Slang

I am a complete and total sucker for year end lists - have been as long as I can remember - and I love comparing my own rankings to those of the digital/print media world.  But this annual exercise is making a number of things clear to me: 1.) I know absolutely nothing about new hip-hop/rap (or pop or EDM); 2.) My lists continue rely heavily on bands and artists I have listened to for decades (see Sleater-Kinney and Mac McCaughan below); 3.) I listen to relatively little new music in relation to the volume released; and 4.) If your musical hero is also Paul Westerberg, chances are good that we will get along (see Beach Slang below).

So here's another mix for 2015.  Not necessary the best songs of the year, but those that I keep coming back to.  Cheers.


No comments: